Sunday, September 1, 2013

daddy to the rescue

Benjen & the Iron Throne (at Lone Star Con 3)
Since finding out I have pneumonia (small wonder my cough wouldn't get better & hurt my ribs so much), I've been on potent antibiotics and heavy-duty cough syrup. The doctor also ordered "plenty of rest,"which is a pretty absurd thing to tell a mom of a 13-month old.

Luckily it's been Clay-to-the-rescue all weekend. I have only changed two diapers in the past few days, have taken extensive naps, and watched in a cough-syrupy daze while Clay performs feats of daddy magic.

Yesterday Clay took Benben to Lone Star Con 3 (the World Science Fiction Convention) for a seven-hour marathon of trying to listen to panel discussions on some of his favorite authors while keeping a very active toddler from breaking away and trying to pull the tablecloth off of the presenter's table (that only happened once, Clay tells me). I think that yesterday might possibly have been my longest break ever from Ben. Sadly, I spent all of it half-alive on the couch. Think how much I could have gotten done if I'd been myself!!!! *sigh*

Then today Clay took Ben to play at the park, to Clay's favorite coffee shop, and to the gym. It has been a surreal weekend, but very restful. I am already feeling a lot better (although I wonder what will happen on Tuesday when I stop taking the cough syrup so I am coherent enough drive).

Anyway, hurray for Clay.

Link says "no Exterminate!" (at Lone Star Con 3)
made it to the top! (at Lone Star Con 3)
the staircase BenBen climbed at Lone Star Con 3


looking tiny at the downtown library



No comments:

Post a Comment