Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Grand felicitations & less-than-forty winks

all dressed up for his daddy's birthday lunch
Yesterday Clay turned 33... which means I'll turn 33 also in a few months. That's a bit weird to think about. The next double-year we'll both have is 44. Some how that seems almost as unthinkable as 33 must have seemed to my 22-year-old self.

Anyway, I think Clay had a nice birthday. Ben and I picked him up from work at lunch time at we went to La Gloria's for a delicious birthday lunch. They had a little birthday celebration for him at work, and then (although my wonderful friend, Tina had offered to babysit so we could have a nice dinner just the two of us), we decided to stay home and get take-out for dinner. Ben had had a hard day (he got two booster shots yesterday afternoon), and sometimes it's nice to have a low key dinner (especially if I don't have to cook it!). Plus, we knew we had the paleo-ish cheesecake I'd made for his birthday waiting for us to gorge ourselves on in the fridge. That made a nice end to Clay's birthday.

Ben "fetching" his pappy from work

Another reason Ben had hard day yesterday was because the night before he got up at 3 a.m. and every time I put him to sleep and laid him down in his crib he'd wake up and start to cry. That happened about six times (Clay getting up and trying to help too) until I decided to sleep on the nursery floor next to Ben, and after another fifteen minutes or so of crying, that worked like a dream. For him anyway, I didn't get much sleep. Luckily last night he only got up once and went right back to sleep after I fed him. It's funny how one terrible night really makes me appreciate how easy of a baby he's been for the most part!

Consume large amounts of a paleo-ish cheesecake for Clay's birthday? Don't mind if I do. 


the "floor nest" for unhappy baby + sleepless mama
gotta love the eyebrows

Mama's good-luck charm

Leprechaun rumble! (or not)

Benito and Auden in their St. Paddy's Day best

chuckles

No comments:

Post a Comment