Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Formula/failure

Even though we got Benjamin's tongue tie clipped this morning, I've still been following the lactation consultant's advice to pump and then bottle feed to make sure he actually gains the right amount of milk this week (& because nursing without the shield still hurt this morning).

But given that i was at the dentist this morning and not at home pumping, I wasn't able to pump enough milk today to give Benjamin the full 3 ounce servings... So I had to supplement the milk with formula. I've failed as a breast-feeding-only mama now, but I'm hoping this will only be temporary (if his operation makes any difference, that is).

In happier news, I had my 6 week post partum appointment today & for the first time since I checked into the hospital to give birth my blood pressure is normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment