Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Since Clay and I have no plans to do anything Halloween-y tonight other than pass out candy, we won't  be wearing our Raising Arizona costumes again. This means that Benito can spend the day being a little tiger (if he'll wear his costume that long). We already had a major crying break down right after I took these pictures. Maybe he's sad he won't be eating any candy this Halloween. I already told him not to worry that I would enjoy his candy for him this year.  :D

It's weird, but this is the first Halloween in ten years I haven't dreaded. In a sad, sad way holidays are kind of ruined being a teacher. You know the students are going to be way wound up and wanting to act out, so you can't enjoy the holiday yourself. It's extra nice this year to think that I don't have to try to keep twenty-three ten-year-olds interested in math, science, and reading today when all they want to think about is candy, costumes, candy, costumes and more candy.




After just a few pictures with the  tiger gloves on I had to take them off because he thought they were soft and delicious.



On a non-Halloweeny note: despite eating about 40 oz of formula a day (I've started tracking just how much he's eating now) Benjamin didn't show any weight gain last week. In a way maybe that's good, because he did seem to be growing at an alarming rate for a while there. It's hard to try to predict when I'll need the next size up of diapers though.

Even though we have never slept with Benjamin in the bed, I keep having ultra-realistic dreams in which I'm wearing him in the baby backpack IN BED, and I suddenly realize he's not safe and I need to find him. This often means finding something warm (Clay) and trying to scoop him up. Needless to say it's not helping either of our sleep!

Well last night around 2:00 a.m. I took the whole thing to a new level by "actually" finding the baby in the bed, and carrying him to the changing table in the nursery. I turned on the light only to see a befuddled Oz cat on the changing table and Ben asleep in his crib. Luckily my antics didn't wake the baby, but sheesh! I wonder when this is going to end! 


Halloween pjs from Gramma and Grandpa
Mama voted

No comments:

Post a Comment